Old July 14th 04, 04:50 PM
Paul Fincannon

Default Using a power inverter for AC power at an art fair

Hi,

I apologize if this isn't a good group for this question, but I'm not
sure where to ask. I need some AC power for our next art fair. I saw
someone using a power inverter with a battery at a show last week, but
wasn't able to speak with them. Has anyone used this? I will use if
for my credit card machine, maybe a fan. I was thinking of buying one
that handles 400 watts at Home Depot, but my main question is
regarding the battery. What kind of battery should I buy? How long
will it last? Is it rechargeable? I won't be close enough to plug
into my car. Also, I read that the inverter should be about 10 feet
from the battery, but I haven't seen how people extend that length.
Any advice, or direction to somewhere on the web, will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Perplexed Paul