Old July 23rd 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Default You can't take it with you

I have told my husband to give my fabric to a friend of mine who
quilts and to give one featherweight to each daughter in case they
ever find they have a need to mend something. Other than that, he
should sell my machines unless one of the children wants to use them.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:45:53 GMT, Taria
wrote:

I spent the morning with a dear old quilter friend. She has an
extensive collection of old 30's and on vintage fabric and other
old quilt related 'stuff'. What kind of arrangements do folks
make for where this kind of stuff would go after they pass. She
is not in need of money and her kids have no interest in the
stuff for anything maybe more than the monetary value. Is there
some sort of textile museum or other type of operation that
would benefit with a collection such as hers?

She did sent me home with a bag of 30 dresden plate rings of
neat old fabrics, some feedsacks and some scraps that came along
with them when she purchased them. I think I am moving into
the dresden plate period of my quiltmaking career. LOL
Taria