Old October 10th 05, 10:40 AM
Kate Dicey

Kate T. wrote:

Hey Everyone:

After 38 days away from home because of the hurricanes I am finally
back on line. I now have electricity, phone and water. I arrived home
last Sunday and couldn't get the electric on till Tuesday. I had to
live in my van. Thank goodness for the cool front that came through.
Now I can open the windows and doors to get rid of the "Stink".
Needless to say with no electicity my refrigerator and freezer are a
total loss. When I got in the house I saw the appliances "oozing".
The insurance adjuster backed out the door in a hurry. I gave him a
mask and gloves so he could inspect the damage. My ceiling in one of
the bedrooms is coming loose. The wind pushed it down and loosened the
nails. The furnace and A/C doesn't work. My roof had a small amount
of damage as did the windows. My shed, well a one car garage, is a
total loss. An oak tree took it out. I have a total of 10 trees down
and the fence is a wreck. I am one of the lucky ones in the
neighborhood. My neighbor across the street and at the end of the
block lost her home. Six trees fell on it. She had two contractors
look at it and they said it had to be bulldozed and a new one built.
The insurance adjuster (Allstate) said all it needs was a roof and the
walls painted. The house leans badly. She is living in a small FEMA
trailer with the rest of the family.

I didn't lose my stash and am so happy. My Hinterberg frame will be up
in the next couple weeks so I get back to quilting. I have to put my
home back together before I can think of quilting but that won't be
long.

I am so grateful to be back home, back on line and catching up on
quilting news.

Thanks for being here.

Kate T.

You are very welcome! It's great to see you home safe, relatively
undamaged (your neighbour's situation sounds like a nightmare!), and
back with us on line! I will keep you and the neighbour on my Good
Vibes list!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!