Old February 23rd 05, 06:05 AM
Digit

i would be using Borosilicate Glass.

What terms do I use to search for glass color making techniques on
google.

I always end up on commercial sites which sell colors but very few
sites that actually say what proportion of oxides/metals to use for
different colors.

thank you so much

Mike Firth wrote:
There are lots and lots of sources of information, which require that

you
spend time learning
about the mixes that make colors and how the mixes are affected by

the base
glass.
You haven't even told us what base glass you want to do this with.
Red is the hardest color to make and to make behave when you use

it.
People who succeed may build an entire company or product line around

it -
for example Blenko's cranberry.
If a perfectly good red mix is mishandled, you end up with kind a

muddy
brown called liver.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

"Digit" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for you links guys .. but still I need more info.

like for making red, i need copper but some mention selenium ..

even for blue or green - what are the alternatives to cobalt ?

Thank you so much