Old July 13th 03, 04:29 PM
Sarah Curry

Default Bicycle clips

Like Roberta, I long ago gave up on the bicycle clips. A pain to put
on, they never STAYED on right, they DO clank on the table, and why
bother, when just rolling the quilt TIGHT works?

Grins,

Sairey (who hasn't quilted anything in so long ... but is obviously
getting CLOSER :-) )

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Carla, here's a (((hug))) for your sore back. It does get better. But I have
to ask, do you really like the bicycle clips? Hate 'em myself, they never
seem to be the right size and they clank on the table.

If you were to work on your free motion quilting for a few hours, you could
give up the walking foot and just sew sideways -easiest way to do a zigzag
like rail fence. Of course you can go in different directions! Just make
sure you baste the sandwich really well. And check for puckers very
frequently until you develop confidence.
Roberta in D