Old July 28th 03, 05:29 PM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

Hi the

Yes, I guess I omitted some information that might be relevant. I'm
in Western Canada, but I don't mind buying internationally for
something beautiful.

In samplers, what I meant was traditional looking ones, and large.
I've looked through a few sites, and so far, I like Moira Blackburn's
stuff the best other than some ones made by Permin. It doesn't have
to be an exact replica of an old one, just that idea, with rows of
different things.

My mother has been getting catalogues from "The Stitchery" for
years--are they reliable?

Also, what's the difference between 16- and 18-count?

Thanks,
Cynthia

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:50:20 -0600, Jacquard_The_Ripper
wrote:

Hi the

I'm new here, but a regular over at rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. I
need some advice please.

I'd like to know where are some reliable places to buy counted cross
stitch (kits) online. I'm specifically looking for an elaborate
sampler (wall hanging) and something beautiful for Halloween. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Cynthia