Old July 28th 03, 04:56 PM
Dr. Brat

Jacquard_The_Ripper wrote:
Hi the

I'm new here, but a regular over at rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. I
need some advice please.

I'd like to know where are some reliable places to buy counted cross
stitch (kits) online. I'm specifically looking for an elaborate
sampler (wall hanging) and something beautiful for Halloween. Any
suggestions?

Here's my suggestion for something beautiful for Halloween:
http://www.lavenderwings.com/witchesdance.gif

An elaborate sampler? Hmmmm, how about one of these:
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/In...ny_s_quilt.htm
http://www.drawnthread.com/OpenHeart.html
http://www.drawnthread.com/MarriageofMinds.html
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Pe...en_sampler.htm

As for where to get it on line, my first choice is always Kim at
Fabrics2u.com. A close second would be the Silver Needle at
www.thesilverneedle.com. This second one is definitely my favorite
place to drool, as they have an oft-updated "just arrived" page. As you
can see, Wynham needleworks is also a pretty cool place to wander
around, but I can't comment on their service, as I have never bought
from them. They probably have the most extensive collection of
traditional sampler type works, thought.

Elizabeth