Old May 12th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Long Tail Cast On - How much????

On May 11, 5:48 pm, Padishar Creel wrote:
I am pretty good at estimating short rows of knitting when I cast on.
However, I am not doing a sweater is there a rule of thumb for the
long tail cast on?

Cast on 244 with size 6 needles -- so how long should my tail be for
this?

Really, really long? g Seriously, though, I wrap once around the
needle for every stitch, and add about another 6 inches. That seems
to work, even though it is a pain sometimes.

Higs,
Katherine