Old January 18th 05, 02:15 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:
The washer has a filter? I've heard rumors like that but I have no idea
where it is. Oh oh.

Some washers have lint filters that you can clean yourself. Our old
Maytag had one beneath the fabric softener cup in the agitator. It was
easy to clean every load or so. That's the washer I used when I did my
raggedy quilt. I cleaned the filter several times while the quilt was
washing. I don't think I got an extraordinary amount of lint in the
dryer filter.

The newer Maytags don't have the removable, easy to clean, lint filter.
Supposedly they have been redesigned so they don't need the
clean-it-yourself filter.

Julia in MN

I did speak to the man o' the house and he assures me there is no lint
filter in this washer.

Giselle (but that just may mean he's never found it, either)