Old January 18th 05, 01:59 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"georg" wrote in message
news
Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

"Anne" wrote in message

Gentle reminder: this is an international group and some folks speak
Brit English :-P

Read on -- I remembered when I saw my own subject line.

Giselle

She is stating in a very subtle way, I think, that since the majority of
the group is in the over 40 crowd, the general preference of the group
is try not to put anything out there that you won't mind yer mum reading.

My mum wouldn't understand the reference and would have to ask my da.
Same woman who did not understand why my birthday was so funny. (1/4/69)

A certain amout of "in yer faceness" is welcome and fresh, and I
personally love your enthusiasm. However, you are on the edge of
offending some of those with more delicate sensibilities, so be wary.
You may offend without meaning to. I think that if you do, anyone who
finds offense can always make a filter.

I have seen and personally said worse here though, and I've braved flame
groups myself. Feel free to email me for more clarification, or if you
would like to take me to task for this post.

-georg

Of course you are interpreting the word by the UK meaning. I meant it as I
would use it in the US. It wasn't until I saw the subject line that I
realized that the meaning to me wouldn't be the same meaning in the UK or
elsewhere. Since it is an international group of adults, I still figured
that most would think it is something that got jumbled in translation, not a
rude subject line.

BTW, what DO you call these quilts in the UK? We call them shag here. I'll
change the subject line so this discussion can die but, really, I meant no
offense. That's REALLY what we call it.

Giselle