Old September 18th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default In need of some information

Hello my name is Liz Deutsch. I am currently attending San Francisco
State
University getting my Bachelors degree in Apparel Design and
Merchandising. I am in a class this semester called product
development and we are responsible for coming up with and designing a
line of clothing. My group and I decided upon the idea of
incorporating weight resistance into clothing for children with
sensory needs. Our idea is to add weights to regular clothing (ex.
Sweatshirt, pants, t-shirt, scarf, etc.) in order for children to
meet their sensory needs. The weights will be hidden in the shoulders
and lap. As part of the class we need to do market research and
figure out more about our target market. There are some questions we
would like to ask to get a general feel of what's needed and would be
helpful for children.

1.What is your relationship to a child or children with sensory
needs? Mother, therapist etc.

2.What is your child/children age?

3.Where do you buy sensory products for your child/children?
Catalogue, Internet, and/or a store? Which one?

4.What types of clothing would best fit your childs needs? (ex. T-
shirt, pants, etc)

5.Would you/your child be interested in clothing that helps meet
their sensory needs?

6.Where would you most like to find clothing like ours? Catalogue,
Internet, and a store? Where would be a good location for a store?

7.What suggestions are you willing to share with us regarding our
design ideas for these products? Examples- fabrics, colors, sizes,
prices

Thank you so very much for even taking the time to read my post! If
you choose to answer my question your information will be very
valuable to me and help my product to be the best it can be!!
Thank you!! Liz Deutsch