Old March 5th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

Default Copper inlays

I have used copper in pit fires which are really low temperature and the
copper just burns away. The oriental pieces that looked like they had gold
inlay repairing broken pottery were actually done with lacquer (hazardous to
the health as it turned out). I think if this is what you want, you would
fire the piece first to cone 6 and then do a low fire enamel technique...
Just a guess mind you.

"The Splanns" wrote in message
Hi everyone!
I've been reading the post for some time and I have a question too. Has
anyone ever made anything with copper inlay? How exactly would copper act in
cone 6 glaze firing? I would greatly appreciate your advice or even a
reference to where I can find more information on a subject.
Thanks,
Veronika