Old February 18th 11, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default A small whine

On 2/16/11 12:41 PM, in article
, "Liz from
Humbug" wrote:

On Feb 15, 7:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Exactly why DH & I have a large collection of DVDs/Videos!!!!!!!!! We
have everything from the very old to the reasonably new -
documentaries, movies, cartoons and a few TV shows (Lucy, Little
Rascals and Rocky & Bullwinkle). :-) My favorite one to play when I
am home sick is the six hour Looney Toons video. If I drift off to
sleep, I haven't really missed anything and I'm not constantly needing
to get up to change the disc/tape. Although, DH did put the 15 Rocky
& Bullwinkle tapes all on one long playing tape because they're only
30 minutes each. Also, before the DVDs came out, DH put all three
"Back to the Future" movies on one long playing tape. We can watch it
all in one sitting, with no indication of where the individual movies
begin and end. Other than the fact that we've seen them all over and
over. :-) When stitching, I like to put in the old, black & white
comedies. There's just no one out there today like Cary Grant, Jimmy
Stewart or Gary Cooper - or Barbara Stanwyk when she's being
funny. :-)
Liz from Humbug

Not many DVD's in the house, though I will add Mama Mia to what we do have.
VCR player is dead. (sigh, have to find a way to put all those cartoons on
to a DVD)

Cheryl