Old December 12th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default Hello again! was On topic: an author who "gets it"

On 12/12/2010 2:45 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
Sue, you dangerous woman, you! And just when I cannot afford time to read,
but of course am avoiding everything I should be doing.....

Hope the holiday season is going well, must be busy with the new job,
Ellice

Yes, I've been quiet awhile, busy with the new job. I love it...no two
days the same, and learning something new all the time in a busy office
with people I enjoy. And being spoiled by DH, who does the laundry and
has dinner ready soon after I get home, allowing me time to shift gears.
When HE gets a job, it'll be a tough transition for us both!!

I've only made a couple of ornaments this year, and have been losing
steam on my big projects, so I've turned my hand to bookmarks and some
Hardanger to fill in and provide variety. In the new year, after the
holiday season winds down, I'll undoubtedly pick up the big ones again.

But I've started working in my new sewing room, making some gift bags
(cloth bags in bright prints that replace wrapping paper) and a new
skirt for myself with fabric I had in my stash some 10+ years. (So that
book quote seemed especially apt to me!) Like you, trying to use up past
"investments" in materials, and tighten up the budget on buying more.

One of my most inspired Christmas gifts: My soon-to-be-9 y.o. niece is
getting "The Girls' Best Book of Sewing and Embroidery" and a box with
floss, hoop, pins, yarn, a knitting spool, felt, thread, needles, fabric
scraps, etc. Furnished it out of stash, redundancies, and 1/2-price
notions from JoAnn's this weekend. I wish she lived closer, so I could
help her delve into it, but she has supportive parents/nearby grandparents.

sue

--
Susan Hartman