Old February 2nd 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
BonEchoLampworks BonEchoLampworks is offline
Junior Member

Default Any one here - bead loom question

On Dec 18 2010, 7:55*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Ok - my 12 yo DD has decided she wants to learn to use my bead loom. No
problems teacher her the basics on my part. But with my pocketbook feeling a
bit pinched; what would you use for thread - she's been using sewing thread
for now and I have plenty. But soon she's going to want to make a something
she's not going to pick apart right after. (btw that has been her decision,
not mine - to start over repeatedly)

So - what's cheap enough for me to buy in bulk that would still last when
she finishes a piece.

Thanks

Cheryl

Try dental floss! Honestly, works wonderfully! You can get it waxed,
for easier movement through beads, and it's super durable!
(won't break, or fray under normal circumstances - also holds up to
being wet really well...)
Go for the heavier gauged floss, it's slightly wider than regular,
while still being narrow enough to make several passes through seed
beads.
Hope your daughter enjoys her hobby!

Janice & Sara
www.bonecholampworks.com