Old April 23rd 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Default Another moebius finished.

DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo
boo. The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a
plain scarf.

Donna

Thanks Donna - nor did I have a clue at first :-(

It meant unpicking back about 2 rows until I got to the place where the
stitches were where they were meant to be. It was a pain because being
a fluffy yarn I had to do it stitch by stitch or the mohair fibres
would have become matted.

It would be easier to do on straight needles, I think, so if you want
the stitch instructions I can let you have them. You would have to work
out how many stitches to cast on in a thicker yarn but that'd be easy
for you to do if you made a test swatch.