Old December 15th 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

I couldn't have said it better. Life is rhythmic. We go in and out,
never really letting go. The same question crossed my mind. I quickly
dismissed it. I'll be out of school. I'll pick up needle and thread,
or knitting needles, or a crochet hook. I'll see something at just the
right time and the urge will return. I've done the same with music over
the years. I get passionate, it wanes, and I go back stronger than ever.

Such is life.

Dianne

On 12/14/2011 8:38 AM, Mary wrote:
Don't do it! Just put things away. Chances are almost certain that
within a year or two that you will be ready to stitch! Or a friend or
relative will want to learn, and you will be able to teach and to
share your goodies. Or someone will have a baby. Or someone will be
ill or disabled. And you will be able to make a perfect gift! I
have on occasion put various things away, and have ALWAYS gone back to
them in one capacity or another -- knitting, crochet, tatting,
weaving, painting, and quilting.