Old July 25th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

Default OT - Prawn recipes?

On Jul 25, 11:00 am, Johanna Gibson wrote:
Hello,
As some of you know, I do cooking and babysitting at my friend
Keiko's on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She went shopping on Monday, and
bought prawns for me to use on Thursdays. Usually I can just go in
the kitchen, have a look at what she has, and come up with something.
I'm not used to cooking with prawns though.
I have every spice known to man, and thought I could do something
like a curry (not too spicy, the kids are 2 years 3 months). Or...?
Does anyone have a good recipe for prawns? These are the big ones,
that are grey and turn pink when they're cooked for 3 or 4 minutes in
a pan. Please help!

-- Jo in Scotland

My DGD loves anything "Alfredo", I saute Shrimp (or chicken) in a
combo of butter and olive oil with a whole crushed clove of
garlic(optional), remove shrimp or chicken, add 1 c. heavy cream, 1/2
c. parmesean cheese, do not boil, add cooked pasta for young children
I would use bowties, or even smaller pasta like ditalini or orzo,
return shrimp or chicken to the mixture, Adjust salt and pepper,
carefully since Parm cheese can be salty....can sprinkle with chopped
parsley for color and/or add cooked carrots and peas.....
Mauvice in Cnetral Wi