Old May 16th 04, 04:50 PM
Jan G

Thanks, Karen. Now if the subject comes up again I will have an answer. My
pups are on my web site at http://pittsburghirish.org/JanGriffith/kids.htm
if you want to see a Wheaten.
JanG

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message
I'm not familiar with that breed but sounds beautiful! I use
combings/brushings and card them to mix in with a shorter, springy fleece
(for anyone who cares, merino and corriedale work great). And yes, you

could
use clippings if they're reasonably long. The trick is to have a sheep

breed
that will "grab" onto the slicker dog hair.

KarenK

"Jan G" wrote in message
link.net...
Karen,
We had a discussion on our Wheaten group about spinning dog hair and no

one
could come up with an answer. Do you use combings or trimmings if long
enough and what other textile do you add to the dog hair? Wheatens have
amazing, very soft hair, not fur, and it comes in many lovely shades

between
pale wheat and reddish gold.
Thanks,
JanG
"Karen_AZ" wrote in message
splort I used to spin dog hair (still do if asked and I have time).

Of
course the running joke is "I spun these socks from Irish Setter. Only
problem is, every time I take a walk outside in them, I have an
uncontrollable urge to chase cars." rimshot

KarenK

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
He was over on the quilt newsgroup too, using that hairy dog to make
quilts.
I think he wanted a weavers group.
Diana

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message