Old February 11th 04, 05:38 PM
roxan

This is where you have to educate your costumer about how they are made and
that they are a work of art. Just show them the difference between a cheap
Indian bead and good lampwork bead and they will learn to appreciate the
art.
Roxan
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:11:13 -0500, Christina Peterson wrote
(in message 1076469073.78773@prawn):

Am I the only person who works with lampwork beads who faces this

problem?

I don't sell things, so it isn't as big an issue for me. But I rarely

give
away pieces with lampworked beads. People just don't appreciate them.

They
might comment on how pretty they are, and where they might get one; but

when
I tell them that they're unique, handmade and can go from $10 on up

apiece.
(I know that's a lousy guesstimate, bear with me) Invariably, the person
says "Ten Bucks! for one bead! Kathy, you're nuts!"

Yep, I am nuts, but I honestly believe that I haven't overpaid for the

works
of art I treasure. Until I find people who see what I see in those beads,
I'm keeping all my lampwork for my own bad self.

Kathy N-V