Old March 19th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default What Have I Done?

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any enthusiasm for
a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.
Nope. Not me. You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
I made a string quilt. Began with square muslin blocks. Laid a red
strip on the diagonal and wandered off with warm colors in one direction and
blues/cools in the other. Just using scraps. Diminishing the scrap bin.
That's all.
Put it on the design wall.
It's wonderful. It's gorgeous. I can Not bring me to continue to
turn it into a bed cover. It needs its own wall just for being admired,
considered, thought about. I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly

ROFLOL! Polly, you're a wonder! What do you do now? Make it large enough
to wrap around yourself (or someone else), stick a hanging sleeve on the
back, and enjoy the best of both worlds -- you can hang it when you want
to look, you can wrap up in it when you prefer that.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net