Old March 19th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default What Have I Done?

Welcome to the dark side, Polly! It sounds wonderful. This sounds like a
"heartstrings" variation. It's on my "to do" list for scrap busting too.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any enthusiasm for
a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.
Nope. Not me. You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
I made a string quilt. Began with square muslin blocks. Laid a red
strip on the diagonal and wandered off with warm colors in one direction
and blues/cools in the other. Just using scraps. Diminishing the scrap
bin. That's all.
Put it on the design wall.
It's wonderful. It's gorgeous. I can Not bring me to continue to
turn it into a bed cover. It needs its own wall just for being admired,
considered, thought about. I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly