Old September 8th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

Default Irish crochet (hooks, especially)

On Sep 7, 5:28?pm, Cece wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:50 am, B wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:35:57 GMT, "Jan" wrote:
Barbara, my fine steel hooks are mostly Boyes but they are quite old and I
haven't used them for several years so I hesitate to recommend them. but I don't want to spring for a set unless I've had some

recommendation on a good brand. I take it you like the Boye brand.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.

The smallest U.S. steel crochet hook is size 14. 0.75 mm, according
to the Boye
Boye has been in business for something like a century, I think; it's
now owned by Wright, which has been going about as long. Personal
knowledge of the companies does not go back that far, of course -- but
I've been using Boye knitting and crochet tools for 35 years, and
Wright was the brand-name on the cards of snap fasteners in my
mother's sewing supplies before that.

I've always done my Irish crochet with tatting thread (size 70) and a
Boye 14 crochet hooks. Takes longer because it is so small, but
sooooooooooo pretty. Frances