Old April 16th 05, 02:03 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Thanks for the apology to Sonya! I know Kiwis to be very loveable
people. :^)

Most of the world has problems with the current political
situation in America, including myself. We need to encourage our
American friends to change things. Lotsa people there want change
too. Of the eligible voters last election, only 26.5% voted for Bush.
That means 73.5% did not vote for him!

I am reading a great book about how the world got into the
situation it is now. It is by Jared Diamond and is titled "Guns,
Germs and Steel." You can read more about it he
http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/spring99/gunsgerms.htm

Yes, I am in Japan. Go look at some photos:
http://potters.blogspot.com/

Actually, my daughter and grand daughter are in a Auckland now, but
we send packages to them at the Onga Onga general store, where their
New Zealand Grandmother gets their mail. After studying art in
college, my New Zealand daughter and grand daughter have been changing
addresses more frequently than I can keep up with. :^)

--
Lee in Mashiko, Japan http://mashiko.org
http://hankos.blogspot.com/ Visual Bookmarks

"We can make our minds
so like still water
that beings gather about us
that they may see,...
....their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer,
perhaps even with a fiercer life
because of our quiet." -- W. B. Yeats