Old September 22nd 04, 12:34 PM
Karen Maslowski

Default Snap tape

Cynthia, I also like this kind of tape, and was mystified by so many
saying not to use it. It's gentler to baby skin, IMO.

Karen in Ohio

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
I've been following Tom's posts on the sleepers and noticed that a lot of
people advise against snap tape. Then I realised that they were probably
referring to the regular snap tape which is metal fasteners on twill tape -
horrid stuff really.
There is, however, another kind of snap tape that I really love: white or
black plastic (nylon actually) snaps on matching twill tape. It comes in
two 'spacings' of the snaps and is wonderful for costuming as it stays
together better than Velcro and does not scratch - or get caught in hair,
etc.. It is not cheap, but I love the stuff. I think it is called "Tapey"
fastener and can be bought by the metre. I buy the whole 10 yard roll at a
time just to have it on hand.
Just my two cents worth...
Cynthia