Old December 10th 03, 03:47 PM

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:05:11 +0000, A.J.Martin wrote:

Hello friends,
I want to get my wife something for her jewelry making hobby for Christmas.
Can anyone recommend which optivisor magnification level is best for beading
and jewelry making?
Or...do you even like an optivisor? or would a flexible arm magnifier be
better?
Thanks to you all.
Andy

Also consider the little soft plastic half-moon magnifiers
that you can get at the drug store. You simply wet these
and place them inside a pair of glasses. They stay in place
surprisingly well -- I can even wash mine without moving them.

I have one pair of glasses with these magnifiers set up for computing, one
pair for jewelry making. You can set the magnifiers anywhere on the
inside of the eyeglass lens, which is very convenient. They can also
be placed inside welding filters and safety glasses. They can
be peeled and moved if you don't like a setup. Get a
couple of strengths for flexibility in experimentation.
They run about $10 USD per pair.

Cheers, m at http://www.mbstevens.com/