Old February 6th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default focus? Medallion quilts

On 06/02/11 10:43, Roberta wrote:
I like medallions, because it's a good way to use a big square piece
that's too small for very much else, without making a lot more of the
same. My only problem is a slight aversion to square quilts. (Beds are
usually oblong! And I don't have that much wall space left.) So I
experiment a lot with ways to make extra rows of blocks look like they
belong there :-)

Another option is to have two square medallions separated by one or more
of the borders, then surround the pair with the outer borders - if that
makes any sense. I could sketch it easily, but putting it into words is
harder.

Lizzy