Old December 5th 03, 08:28 PM
Vandenboom

I made about a dozen last Christmas.

Make sure your top and bottom layer are the same size, and the fringe is cut
the same size. Otherwise the smaller layer or the layer with the longer
fringes are gonna pull the the other layer and thus make it not lie flat. I
laid the first layer down on my bed or on the floor, laid the next layer on
top, cut the fringes thru both layers. I did not even measure my cuts, I
just used my largest fabric scissors and cut the depth of the scissor blade
and eyeballed the width. I then paid my daughters (then 11yr, and 8yr) to
start at opposite sides and tie all the way around ). We didn't have any
problems with them laying flat.

HTH
Tammy

"ellegirl" wrote in message
om...
I made one for the first time tonight, but the blanket doesn't lay
flat, and it is actually concave! Seems like I pulled the
knots/fringes too tight, but how tight am I suppose to make the knots?
Help!