Old April 20th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Sashing

I put the sashing on the left side of the block, then add a
cornerstone to a sashing strip and put it on the top of the block.

I do this to all of the blocks except the bottom row which get top
bottom and left. The right side blocks also get sashing on the right.

Then I sew all of the blocks together, by doing them this way
everything fits for me.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Personally, I like to sew strips on the sides of the blocks and do the
crossways pieces as a whole strip. I then end up with rows of block
with
sashing in between that I then stitch a long sashing piece to. Then,
when I
stitch these assembled rows together, I am sure to pin them together
so that
my vertical sashing pieces are aligned when I have sewed all these
rows
together. If the sashing strips do not align vertically it can really
show.

Sometimes I get by this by doing cornerstones in my long sashing
strip.
That way I have seams all around that I can pin and align and all my
sashings, vertically and horizontally are straight.

If I had a way to post pictures of my quilts I would have examples to
show
you. I really need to get my web page made. You would think that as
business/computer teacher I would. Just not enough hours in the day.

Hope this helps.

Steve