Old October 15th 09, 11:43 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_2_]

Default Names of the thin light costume fabrics ?

robb wrote:
hello,
Could someone enlighten me as to the name of (or link to
) those thin lightweight fabrics used in the ready made
costumes. Thats the cheapy thin stuff . I am mostly
interested in the lightweight qualities.

Another type of fabric you might search for is "acetate
satin". I'm pretty sure that's what is used for lots of the
cheap RTW costumes, and my local TSWLTH carries tons of it
this time of year.
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...PRODID=prd7205

Just be aware, if you intend for the costume to be worn more
than once, acetate satin is NOT my recommendation, cheap
often equals pretty fragile. In addition it is NOT washable.

For any costume you hope to last, I would recommend poly
satin. But you also wanted breathable, so... ;-}

--
Beverly
http://ickes.us/default.aspx