Old September 20th 09, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Default OT Choosing a dog breed

On Sep 19, 7:26*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Some time back- it could have been several years ago- someone posted a link
to a quiz that helped you choose a dog breed that would be suitable to your
needs. *It asked questions like how often would you would groom the dog,
what size home you had, other pets, etc. *Then it gave you several breeds
that would suit your living conditions and other requirements. *Does anybody
know what the website was called or did anybody save the link?

TIA *(Nope! *Not for me- we are happy with just the four of us!)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Hi Leslie,

I just went through this process; I think everyone recalls why. Will
these do?
http://search.dogreatgood.com/dgg/ws...7?_IceUrl=true

IMNSHO, these quizzes are good starting - or jumping-off - points, but
that is all. Adopting a pet is a long-term (7 - 20 years) life-
altering commitment and I don't think anyone could/should make a
choice/decision like this based on a few quick questions. Once a
potential pet owner gets some ideas from quizzes like this, they
should dig in deep and really research the hell out of the suggested
breeds more thoroughly, talk with some owners (there are newsgroups/
message boards for virtually all major breeds) and if possible, talk
with a veterinarian for a different (kind of) perspective. Then, if
appropriate, have a family discussion, and do some serious
introspective soul-searching, and sleep on it a few nights.

Or you could save a lot of time and effort and just get a Lab. :-)

Doc