Old November 24th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

Default In need of advice.

Maneki Neko wrote:
Greetings,

I've been trolling about the group for a while now and the thought
occurred that maybe I should ask for some advice.

I _think_ you mean lurking, not trolling!

I have been running
my own business making chain mail jewelry and other fun metal things.
I have fount that the hardest part of running my online business was
getting good pictures of my work. I was hoping that perhaps some of
you folks could hop over to my site and comment on my pictures. Any
advice would be helpful as I am only a beginning photographer. Please
be brutally honest.

a href="http://manekinekodesigns.com"Maneki Neko Designs/a

Amanda Shaw

A few of the shots don't have enough depth of focus.

Shoot with a lot more light so that you can get your depth of
focus deeper.

Or, get a tripod and take longer exposures with the aperture
stopped way down. Again deeper focus.

You did a pretty good job with thumbnails and file size reduction.

A few are shifted too much toward yellow, like either shooting
indoors with outdoor film or not adjusting the light-type on
a digital camera. This can be largely fixed with the free
Gimp program without having to re-take the shots.
http://www.gimp.org
--
mbstevens
http://www.mbstevens.com