Old January 6th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_7_]

Default singer walking foot answers and questions

"Ron Anderson" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I found out one of the problems I was having. When finished sewing, I'd
pull out the material, and three threads would come out the bottom. A
local who contacted me said to rotate the needle just past top, and it
would come out cleanly. It works.

Now, is there a disengage for when you wind bobbins? Something where the
flywheel will just spin and not all the up and down mechanism?

Singer 111w155 . I'm getting this slowly running good. Just a couple of
small adjustments to go.

Steve

On industrial machines with the table mount bobbin winder you do not
disengage the hand wheel to wind bobbins. Bobbin winding is done while you
are sewing as the winder works off the belt. That is why there are 2 spots
for spools on the thread stand. Some also buy prewound bobbins, you buy
them buy the gross in any one color.
Be sure not to let the extra thread dangle off the spool stand as it will
get wound around the hand wheel in a flash. Tie it off to the bobbin
winder stud.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

thanks for the suggestions. I talked to a sewer, and he gave me some
suggestions also. One about Tenara thread. Is it worth all the money to
have thread that will last for years on an outdoors application? What would
be the less expensive alternative?

Steve