Old July 3rd 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Moth help!

First take OUT ALLLLLLLLL your woolens , and Clean the Closet with
some Good disinfection stuff you have . Than put in a cloth bag with
some Hard smelling Soaps Rosemarin , Lavender + a bag with Laurel ,,,
All woolen things should be WASHED and checked for any creature ,,,
mirjam

Today I took out a shawl which a daughter knitted for me some years ago from
her own spun Hebridean black wool from the two Heb ewe lambs I gave her.
She'd chosen the stitch 'candlelight' because I made beeswax candles.

It had huge holes in it and it's unsalvageable.

Does anyone know of any home moth-proofing system?

Obviously it will be for future items but we'd hate it to happen again.
We're both very unhappy (Spouse and I - I haven't told daughter yet).

Mary