Old July 1st 04, 12:15 AM
Kandice Seeber

And of course, asking on a forum like this one is totally different from
asking via email. In a forum, people choose whether or not to respond, and
you have a good chance of getting some varied and good information,
especially if you show that you are researching as well. In email, if you
don't respond, you appear rude. If you do, you're roped into giving some
kind of assistance. IMO, at least.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I have no idea what started this, but I agree with Kathy. Asking one

person
how they do something when they are competitors is rude. I don't mind
giving out information as long as I see that the other person is doing

some
sort of research.

You guys know I'm looking for another camera. I did ask what everyone is
using and why they like the cameras. Then I take that information and

test
out said cameras. Before asking though I had two cameras in mind that I
thought could do the trick. Do you know what I found? It's probably
overkill on the cameras I chose and I may not have to spend as much money.
Yeah!

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Marisa2" wrote in message
gy.com...
I'm sorry to disagree, but I thought this was a place anyone could come
for tips on bead making, jewelry making, selling our wares, etc?

I am annoyed with people who just come in and say "I want to make some
money so I thought making jewelry would be a good way for a quick buck.
What can I do to start selling them?" without any other introduction.
But I think asking for tips in a specific area should be ok.
Especially if, say, you point people to your website and they say "I
like your work, but I really think better photography would help. It
looks dark." That seems like an opening to say "do you have any tips on
working on that?" or "do you have any suggestions for better cameras?"

I find the photography tips of those here very useful. I always
thought that if I were going to buy a camera again I would definately
come here for advice first.

marisa2

Dr. Sooz wrote:

This has come to my attention.....not because anyone here asked in the

last
week, but because of those who contact their fellow beadmakers asking

for tips.

If you don't know how to photograph your beads, learn. Google it.

Research
it. Do NOT email fellow jewelry-makers or lampworkers, asking them

how
to do
it.

How in the world do you get the nerve to ask them to teach you how?

Does
Angelina Jolie give lessons on how to be sexy to J.Lo? Hell NO. They

are
COMPETITORS. Does Usher give Justin Timberlake tips on how to have a

hit
record? NO! They are COMPETITORS.

How can you ask someone who's competing with you for customers to help

you do
this? Don't you realize you're asking them how to make you a BIGGER

THREAT to
their income?

SERIOUSLY. Are you even thinking at ALL???????? Do you go to the

girlfriend
of the guy you like, and ask her, "How can I get him to be MY

boyfriend?
What
does he like in bed?"
~~
Sooz

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com