Old June 30th 04, 10:47 PM
JoAnn Paules

I used to work for a needlework shop here in York. One day a woman called
the shop and the owner answered. This woman had the chutzpah to ask for
directions to get to a larger shop about 60 miles south of here. And then
she got ****y when Gail refused to tell her.

When I worked for Gateway Country we often got phone calls asking us where
they could buy Dell computers.

Some people are absolutely clueless.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
This has come to my attention.....not because anyone here asked in the
last
week, but because of those who contact their fellow beadmakers asking for
tips.

If you don't know how to photograph your beads, learn. Google it.
Research
it. Do NOT email fellow jewelry-makers or lampworkers, asking them how to
do
it.

How in the world do you get the nerve to ask them to teach you how? Does
Angelina Jolie give lessons on how to be sexy to J.Lo? Hell NO. They are
COMPETITORS. Does Usher give Justin Timberlake tips on how to have a hit
record? NO! They are COMPETITORS.

How can you ask someone who's competing with you for customers to help you
do
this? Don't you realize you're asking them how to make you a BIGGER
THREAT to
their income?

SERIOUSLY. Are you even thinking at ALL???????? Do you go to the
girlfriend
of the guy you like, and ask her, "How can I get him to be MY boyfriend?
What
does he like in bed?"
~~
Sooz