Old July 13th 05, 04:06 PM
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Everyone has already given you great advice. I'll add 2 small things.
You could try silicone sealer. Like the type used for aquariums.
Somewhat flexible yet tough bond that is clear in small (thin) amounts.
Why not get 2-3 glues, some scrap glass or porcelain pieces and do your
own test on some scrap wood? See what you like to work with and which is
most pleasing to look at.

Carl

Rick Cook wrote:
VinceF wrote:

Hi there, looking for some help. I am wondering if anyone knows of a
good way to fix Swarovski crystals in wood. I have a wooden jewellery
box that I would like to put pink initials with Swarovski crystals on
the top. At the moment it is a high shine lacquer finish. Any help would
be great. I don't really want to set the crystals in metal then fix the
setting to the wood. I am looking for something like a glue, I guess,
but my wife has the idea to sew the crystals to fabric then glue the
fabric. Anyway, please help!

Clear epoxy, but you may need to prepare the contact areas between the
crystals and the box by scuffing them first. There are some more
demanding methods like insetting the crystals in the wood, but they
typically still involve some kind of adhesive.

--RC

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)