Old May 24th 04, 07:32 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:54:04 -0700, Els van Dam wrote:

Hello Noreen:

No I am not a man.....yet...LOL.

However I would think that the hats/caps for female cancer patients are
most likely not worn for the same reasons as for men cancer patiens

Most women in normal life do never go bald, thus when they go bald when
they do get chemo treatment, we want to protect their bald heads for many
different reasons...sunstroke, winter freezing cold protection, and also
to not have to cope under stressfull questions and stares when you have
lost all your hair while you are also having to cope with a serious
illness.

Men often are bald, and today it is even fashionable for men to have their
head shaven bald.
Don, if he does lose his hair would do well with a fancy men's sunhat, or
one of those lovely braided staw mens hats. He would look handsome, but
above all would protect himself from sunstroke. I also know that my
neighbour, who goes for chemo right now for lung cancer, is not allowed to
be in the sun because of the drugs she is taking. Willy also tried
wearing a wig and she hated it, she also donned a lovely straw sunhat,
when she had to go outside, one with a wide brim, and nobody could tell
she had lost her hair.

All the best for Don

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Els,thank you for your thoughtful insights.... Don is *not* a vain man, and
losing his hair would not be a vanity issue, but the sunstroke, heatstroke
issue is a huge concern on my part. I also know that because his
'resistance' will be 'down' from the chemo and radiation, there will most
likely be antibiotics in his regimen, and 'those' photosynthesize and cause
people to burn.
I wide brimmed hat may be the answer......
Again, thank you for responding! And I giggled, of course you're not a
man!
Hugs,
Noreen

--