Old July 14th 03, 06:39 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats the point where your DH gets to go back to the person and admit red
faced that dear Wife doesnt work that cheaply after all, that he
misunderstood, and if they still want a quilt it will cost them XXX dollars.
DH wouldnt make same mistake twice, LOL!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Shelly" glass angel at charter dot net wrote in message
I've made quilts both ways and with and without love. Some have actually
been pure HELL to finish just because I just plain didn't like the person
and resented having to do the project. *All of these projects were the

ones
that dh volunteered my services for and quoted a very small fee that he'd
overheard me give to a close friend.* I was NOT happy with him or the

person
receiving the quilt at all. lol
Shelly
"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
I've made lots of quilts for family, made by machine, all made with

love.
My hands don't allow me to do that much hand work. According to your
criteria - since I made all my quilts by machine they didn't have any

love
in them. Not true!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"Lakaya M. Peeples" wrote in
message ...
depends...quilt in a day....machine. quilt for a lifetime....with
meaning....hand. quilt in a hurry with that hand touch...machine
piece--hand quilt. I have done all of these. mostly I like my hand
stitching better...as it is better for me...its my 'de-stressor' and

its
small and portable until you do your completion. Current project must

be
done in a month from now....machine piecing..hand tying, and a minimal

of
quilting is the way I am going to go, cuz its my daughters

'college-going'
gift....something to remind her that when college is done...home

awaits.
she is going to school 4 hours away....that's kinda my way of saying

don't
go a few states away, but if you do....remember the love this thing

took
make. which is why at least some of it has to be done by hand. I

also
made
her some hand knit socks in a pattern she didn't even know she was

picking
out for herself...she said 'ooooooooo who's lucky enough to get

those?'
said 'what you kidding....I'm not making for you, it will take

forever'
(which it did....but that's part of the surprise) and 56 cents.

(penny
for
her thoughts, quarters for a call, and all of her mommy's love)

so it depends. if you are making it for love....hand it somewhere.

for
utilitarian purposes, ex: keeping very warm, cold winter, and low
budget....machine the thing.

peepla

"sbeep" wrote in message
om...
I am a beginner in quilting and I haven't really got to far in

making
one, just have my blocks cut out. Before I start putting my blocks
together which is better on making a quilt, hand sewn or a sewing
machine?

---