Old July 14th 03, 04:02 PM
Donna in Idaho

I've made lots of quilts for family, made by machine, all made with love.
My hands don't allow me to do that much hand work. According to your
criteria - since I made all my quilts by machine they didn't have any love
in them. Not true!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"Lakaya M. Peeples" wrote in
message ...
depends...quilt in a day....machine. quilt for a lifetime....with
meaning....hand. quilt in a hurry with that hand touch...machine
piece--hand quilt. I have done all of these. mostly I like my hand
stitching better...as it is better for me...its my 'de-stressor' and its
small and portable until you do your completion. Current project must be
done in a month from now....machine piecing..hand tying, and a minimal of
quilting is the way I am going to go, cuz its my daughters 'college-going'
gift....something to remind her that when college is done...home awaits.
she is going to school 4 hours away....that's kinda my way of saying don't
go a few states away, but if you do....remember the love this thing took

make. which is why at least some of it has to be done by hand. I also

made
her some hand knit socks in a pattern she didn't even know she was picking
out for herself...she said 'ooooooooo who's lucky enough to get those?' I
said 'what you kidding....I'm not making for you, it will take forever'
(which it did....but that's part of the surprise) and 56 cents. (penny

for
her thoughts, quarters for a call, and all of her mommy's love)

so it depends. if you are making it for love....hand it somewhere. for
utilitarian purposes, ex: keeping very warm, cold winter, and low
budget....machine the thing.

peepla

"sbeep" wrote in message
om...
I am a beginner in quilting and I haven't really got to far in making
one, just have my blocks cut out. Before I start putting my blocks
together which is better on making a quilt, hand sewn or a sewing
machine?