Old January 23rd 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default First Baby Quilt of 2010

On Jan 22, 5:07�pm, "Michelle G." wrote:
The baby quilts is really pretty. �I love your other quilt pictured on the
website; Bella Rosa, what is the name of the pattern? �Or is it Bella Rosa?
Michelle G.
"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2832877...ed=1&cb=12...- Hide quoted text -

It's Bella Rosa from Miss Rosie Quilt Company. It's the only one of
her patterns that I've seen that had both piecing and applique. I'd
been collecting fabric for a brown/pink quilt and it seemed a perfect
fit.

Yes, the quilt has a home. DS#1's college roommate and wife just had
a baby girl. So the quilt will be winding its way to San Francisco
sometime soon.

The edges of tumbler quilts are problematic. I hate hacking off
perfectly good fabric to make the smooth edges. But the thought of
all that bias binding, probaby sewn down by hand, makes me forget my
good intentions.
joan