Old April 12th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

Default How to melt a penny

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:37:59 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Limpy
wrote:

Peter,
I think he explained everything quite well.
He's obviously somewhat ****ed off at our (US) government for various
and sundry justifiable reasons, not least of which is the fact that it
makes it a crime to melt the useless penny

And well it should be. If everyone were to spend much time melting pennies, the
extra propane burned to do so would quickly add way too much to the already
significant greenhouse gasses around, and, combined with the heating effect of
that, already, those propane flames melting pennies could quickly melt the polar
ice caps into steaming cups of salty tea, thus totally flooding New York with
sea level rise.

Wait a minute. That means flooding Wall Street, doesn't it.

OK, melt those pennies, guys.

, made useless I might add
by the hidden tax of inflation.

Um, if they're so useless, and you don't want them, in the event you don't want
to bother melting them, perhaps you could send your extras to me. I could use
em for next months mortgage payment if you all send enough of em.

In these days of modern times, when you can't tell the AC's from the
DC's aren't we all yearning for someone who can turn on a little
stopping power? Don't you think I mean a smoky glass, a lightening rod
with which to chase the spooks away?

I have no trouble telling AC from DC. Hook up to a plating tank or anodizer. If
it works as it should, it's DC. If it just gets hot, then it can't make up it's
mind. (AC).

And smoky glass is not such a good idea. If those modern times get ****ed, and
hit back, the glass breaks into leetle sharp bits. Not good for the tires or
feetsies. Stick with the lightening rods. They're good for double duty as
spears, once civilization (and thus grocery stores) collapses due to excess
melting of pennies, and we have to go back to hunting our own food an all...

The posting was humorous.
Y'all need to lighten up a bit.

I do indeed need to loose some weight, it's true. Carrying all your extra
pennies around after you send em to me *unmelted, please) will be good exercise,
and might help. Thanks in advance.

Peter