Old December 23rd 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default Help?

Thanks so much for your reply, Peter. I did ask for the settings to be
prenotched, but they must have missed that. Hopefully I can find a
jeweler who'll prepare the settings for cheap. :-)

Regards,
Judith

On Dec 22, 6:39=EF=BF=BDam, Peter W. Rowe =

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:28:13 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry

Judith, =EF=BF=BDAlmost all settings are made a trace too small (includi=

ng most prong
settings.) =EF=BF=BDThe reason is simply that stones vary in size a littl=

e, as well as
in things like the thickness of the girdle, and the pavilion angle, and t=

he