Old November 22nd 03, 04:16 PM
A.J.Martin

Default Newbie Help

Hello everyone,
My wife has been really getting into making jewelry the last two years, so
much so, that she and my daughter are even doing a 'Mother/Daughter' show in
December.
I'd like to invest in her new found hobby and ramp her up to 'the next
level'.
To my thinking, this would be giving her the ability to
solder/weld/grind/polish silver.
Can anyone recommend a book and a 'starter set', whether it exists in kit
form or that I have to track down and buy the components.
As an example, she is using a Dermal and dental burrs to drill small holes
thru Abalone and semi precious stones and then putting silver clasps thru.
I know she would like to encase the entire backside and sort of 'frame' the
pieces, then have real hoops that have no joints in them.
Websites? Resources?
I want to give this to her as a Christmas present.
Thank you for all the help.
Andy Martin
Nash, TN