Old November 9th 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default batting suggestions?

Well, no announcement from here. My ds is 'engaged' Ring, no date to be
married.
DD I have almost given up hope on. Heck, my kids don't even have any pets.

I actually don't know the parents. The deal is the wife of my nephew has a
new
niece on her side of the family.
At the baby shower they signed some flannel squares to be made into a quilt.
It is supposed
to be small and snugly. I don't see that any of the flannel was washed.
She didn't want
the squares to touch each other but didn't want anything between them. Oh,
it needs
satin binding too. I got a bag with the uneven squares, a half yard of
quilting cotton
and a probably too small piece of flannel backing. No satin, no batting. I
squared up
and sashed the squares and am going to just finish the darned thing and
request nobody
knows I helped. I would have chosen minkee. I have a piece here but I just
don't think
trying to explain would be worth the trouble. I thought soft batting might
help. I did
this so neice in law woman get a clue that there is some value to what we
quilters do. I probably have wasted my time but I tried. She has been very
appreciative
of the baby quilts I gave here babies though.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I have a piece of the MM batting
Maureen
suggested so I am going to give that a go.

Taria, survived taking the 2 big golden girls in for shots today. Georgia
thinks an outing is
really neato, Ginger doesn't get out much and is afraid of
everything.
ps- how is your mama doing Leslie?

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message

When I made my mom's chemo quilt I wanted super soft, so I used Minkee
for the backing. That stuff is amazing... glorious! It's fairly
heavy/thick, so maybe flannel would be good used as a batting layer
just to stabilize the quilt a bit???

Who are the parents of this mystery baby? Can we expect a BIG
announcement from you, Taria? ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- wondering about silk or wool batting.
I've not used either one.

On Nov 7, 2:53 pm, "Taria" wrote:
What is your recommendation for the softest batting ever for a small
cuddly baby quilt?
Taria