Old November 4th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default Letter To Mr. Obama... Voters must read...

"dark.angel" wrote in message
In article , Lucille
lzoltynospam@now wrote:

You don't have to like Obama, and you don't have to vote for him, but
don't
malign him this way.

Lucille

It's not maligning him to mention that because of those relationships,
no matter how tenuous, he would NEVER be able to qualify for a security
clearance. Not in one million years.

The men and women who serve our country, those who work for the
government, MUST have a security clearance (even government
contractors). In many cases, the ability to keep the clearance is a
source of stress for them (credit issues, past offenses - including
illegal drugs, etc). How fair is it that THEY have to worry so terribly
about the ability to keep their clearance when the candidate in
question would never be able to hold one?

How can he be a good president (AKA Commander-in-Chief) if he will
never be eligible for a SC?

I'm sorry, but I would have thought that someone that had wanted to
grow up to be president one day would have thought about those things
and would have been more careful about the company he kept (however
tenuous).

I know many public servants who've aspired since childhood to serve
their country that were much more careful than he was. People that
worried about every bill, every brush with "unsavory types" and mapped
their entire life to always be upstanding citizens. It's just a shame
that apparently, the average person was able to make better decisions.

I'm honestly just disgusted with both of them (Obama and McCain). Our
choices seem to be crap and more crap. But what else can you expect
from men (or women) with the arrogance to believe that they and they
alone can responsibly make the decisions for an entire nation?

Just my two cents.

--
dark.angel

Are you kidding when you ask this? If you are then remember that McCain
palled around with Keating, Palin's husband belonged to a possibly
subversive organization, and if we look hard enough I'm sure we could find
something about Biden.

Both Bush and Cheney were picked up on DUI charges and Bush admitted that he
drank too much and snorted cocaine, Kennedy took drugs allegedly because of
his bad back, and on and on and on.

I guess I should add the connection JFK had with the "alleged" Mafia.

Where do these stories come from??????