Old July 17th 03, 08:24 PM
Jalynne

You'd have to get a very very fine grit, automotive grade sand paper to get it to
work properly. I suppose you could do it. I wonder if the old rings would come off
easily. Hmmmm, something to think about...

--
Jalynne
or look at my layouts at

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:37:24 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

sometimes i hate my computer. Sorry for the other post...sigh. My puter decided

hit Send without me.

As I was trying to say....I use mine a lot, and it generally stretches out the
usefulness of my blades by a good 50% of it's normal expected life. Just so you
know, though, it's a good idea to buy a new sharpener every 18 months, so not sure
how that price fits into how much you save. I always wait for a coupon and get

mine
at JoAnn's. Love it, love it!

Is it necessary to buy a new sharpener? There are two rings of
sandpaper - one side has a fine grade and the other has a superfine
grade. Surely it's cheaper to buy two sheets of sandpaper and stick on
a couple rings every 18 months? Anyway, that's what I intend to do
when mine starts wearing out!

-- Jo in Scotland