Old September 20th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Steam Iron Rant

Mine leaked too, so I quit using the steam part, then it decided it didn't
want to heat up very well. It sits on my shelf--guess I should pitch it but
it cost more than $100. I replaced it with a $20.00 dry flat Proctor Silex
iron that I've used for 10 years. It finally doesn't heat up very well so
I'm searching for another dry flat bottom iron. I use a spray bottle when I
need steam. These are so much lighter than a steam iron and weight is a big
factor for me.

So don't feel alone

Butterfly

"Mary" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have had a Rowenta for almost 10 years, and it works very well. It
was a gift from my mother -- I about died when I saw how much the
silly things cost! Sheesh! She must have temporarily lost her
mind. If I were to purchase a new iron tomorrow, I would get a small,
light weight, very inexpensive one, since all I ever need to do is a
bit of steam ironing and dry ironing of the more normal fabrics. I
might feel differently if I were a professional seamstress using fancy
fabrics, but