Old March 10th 05, 04:58 AM
maryd

Thanks, Kate. I did work on one of my WIPs a couple weeks ago.

--
Mary
"Kate G." wrote in message
news : No -- the challenge is going... nobody has sent me any updates that they
: have finished any quilt submitted yet. We have approximately 30
: participants! And most people identified multiple projects -- some as
many
: as 6-8!
:
: I am working on the chart to track everything...and you all should keep
: sewing away... and when you finish a project you submitted... you have to
: let me know! And if at all possible--- please send a pic... or post one
on
: your own web site and send me the link!
:
: :-)
:
: Kate in Michigan
:
:
:
:
: "Karen Johnson" wrote in message
: ...
: It's entirely possible that I am making a big mistake by posting this
: ... if I'm stepping on anybody's toes, pleaseplease forgive me -- this
: is meant only in the spirit of helpfulness.
:
: I should also note that I'm 3,000 miles away from my "real" computer,
: so I don't have any of the original postings -- so my problematic
: memory may be getting me into trouble.
:
: Anyway.
:
: Whoever suggested the UFO challenge (I think it was called the "finish
: it" challenge, or something) had a brilliant idea, and was very
: generous to come up with it. (I truly don't remember who this was!)
: But it seems that life has intervened, and it hasn't worked out ... as
: so often happens for all of us ...
:
: If the challenge isn't going to happen, I'm happy to volunteer to take
: it over, if that seems like an OK idea to anybody. I ran a UFO
: challenge 4 years ago or so, and it was tremendous fun.
:
: Does this seem like a good idea, or like a really tactless and
: insensitive thing to suggest?
:
: Frankly, I need this challenge to get me in gear to finish 3
: particular quilts ... and while I wouldn't participate in it if I'm
: the organizer, I'd still play along and finish the darned things.
:
: To whoever came up with the idea originally: If you just got swamped
: by life, got a little delayed, and still want to do it, then you go,
: girl! And accept my apologies for making this suggestion. If you
: can't manage it right now and don't mind passing it on to me, that's
: great, too.
:
: If you're interested in taking part, email me. If we've got as many
: as a dozen people, we're on.
:
: Thanks!
: