Old November 7th 03, 01:13 AM
Dawn

I really don't know what may have affected this. I've racked my brain to
find even the tinyest thing that I did differently than I usually do and I
just can't. I have been doing this for a couple of years now under all kinds
of varied conditions, seasons, temperature, humidity, etc. and this has
never happened. I've used TLS with diluent many times and it was always
matte. I even went so far as to mix in some Fray Check that I had on my
table thinking that maybe I reached for that accidentally in a moment of
claying stupor but it just bubbled up and had no shine. I don't think I'm
going to find an answer to this one until it happens (if) again and I can
figure out the difference. In the mean time if it happens to any one else
I'd like to know. Maybe they can pin point a cause.

--
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
"Randie Feil" wrote in message
Hi,

I used to work in a coffee store where the espresso beans varied
in their oiliness depending upon how humid the weather had been on
the day they were roasted. I wonder...do you recall what the weather
was like on the day the face was shiny? Or were you cooking or doing
laundry or something else that might have created greater humidity
that day? (I'm suggesting this without knowing if humidity has any
visible effect on baking clay and finishes, mind you...has anyone
ever noticed any?)

Randie

Dawn ) wrote:
: This was the final bake just to add the TLS.. Everything had already

been
: baked several times. I used the same method for baking as I always do

and
: had done on this figure. They were alone in the oven and I was using the
: same batch of clay that other figures had come from. The I tried a

higher
: temperature bake on some test clay. The clay was scorched around the

edges
: but the area that I applied the TLS mix to was still matte.